Indigenous AOD Workers' Wellbeing Resources
Online Remote Primary Health Care Manuals
Author: Central Australian Rural Practitioners Association (CARPA)
Publisher: Central Australian Rural Practitioners Association (CARPA)
This set of manuals is intended to support high-quality clinical practice in primary health care in central, northern and remote Australia. The manuals were developed for health care workers including: doctors, Aboriginal Health Workers, remote area nurses, midwives, nurse practitioners, and allied health professionals.
The manuals are extensively used in clinical care, health service systems, education and orientation in the Northern Territory, remote South Australia, Ngaanyatjarra and Kimberley regions in Western Australia.
The Remote Primary Health Care Manuals include the:
- CARPA standard treatment manual
- Minymaku Kutju Tjukurpa: Women's business manual
- Clinical procedures manual for remote and rural practice
- Medicines book for Aboriginal Health Workers
- Reference book for the 5th edition of the CARPA standard treatment manual.
These manuals are firmly grounded in both the evidence and the practicalities of remote practice and aim to be:
- In plain English
- Easy to access
- Current and evidence based
- Culturally appropriate and relevant to remote practice
- Revised with the greatest possible input from remote practitioners.
This online version allows users to access the content across all manuals in one location. To access the manuals users need to complete a free registration.
Access to the Remote Primary Health Care Manuals content is free of charge but does require registration and login.
View web page