Indigenous AOD Workers' Wellbeing Resources
Staying Deadly in the Workplace Program
Type: Training Program
Author: Westerman, T.
Publisher: Indigenous Psychological Services (IPS)
Dr Tracy Westerman has identified the primary reasons for success and failure of Aboriginal people in the workplace and developed 'Staying Deadly in the Workplace' to address these factors.
The program consists of 12 modules which provide skills-based learning in the areas of:
- Mentor training
- Managing the transition from community to workplace
- Effective communication for Aboriginal people
- Working with non-Indigenous people
- Conflict resolution for Aboriginal people
- Stress management, relaxation and self-care for Aboriginal people
- Goal setting, career planning and problem solving
- Team building and leadership skills for Aboriginal people
- Applying for jobs and interview skills for Aboriginal people
- Functional alcohol usage for Aboriginal people
- Recruitment and retention of Aboriginal people in the workplace
- Supervising and supporting Indigenous workers.
Contact IPS for further information:
P: (08) 9362 2036
This resource is available for purchase. Please contact the publisher for further information.
View web page