Alcohol and Other Drug Relevant Education and Training
The National Centre for Education and Training on Addiction (NCETA) was commissioned by the Australian Government Department of Health and Ageing to undertake a review of training courses designed to enhance alcohol and other drugs (AOD) and mental health (MH) workers’ comorbidity (CM) skills.
Data were collected for the period July 2007 to 30 June 2008, and a report was published in 2009 which summarised details of 1192 AOD, comorbidity (CM), mental health (MH) and psychology courses. A pdf version of the report can be accessed here:
There are three ways to access detailed information regarding AOD, MH, and CM training courses.
1. The Alcohol & Other Drugs, Mental Health & Comorbidity: Australian Training Courses Database containing 1192 courses is available online. To access this database, click here.
2. If you do not have the Access software program on your computer, or if you have trouble using the search filters for the training course database, a range of reports can be downloaded:
- Accredited Courses by State [pdf, 1.2 MB]
- Non-Accredited Courses by State [pdf, 704 KB]
- Psychology Courses by State [pdf, 1.5 MB]
- Indigenous Courses by State [pdf, 459 KB]
3. Hard copies of the Alcohol & Other Drugs, Mental Health & Comorbidity: Australian Training Courses Database 200 CD are also available. It contains the interactive Microsoft Office Access Database including details of the 1192 courses available.
To order hard copies of the full report and searchable CD database, click here.
Indigenous Services Database
There is also a separate database of courses relevant to Indigenous AOD workers. To access this database, click here.