Occupational Health Safety & Welfare (OHS&W)
Ensuring the health, safety and well-being of all staff is an essential goal of workforce development. Employers and employees obligations concerning workplace health and safety vary across jurisdictions.
For more information on workplace OHS&W across different jurisdictions see the following websites:
- National: Safework Australia & The National Safety Council of Australia
- QLD: Workplace Health & Safety Queensland
- NSW: Workcover New South Wales
- VIC: WorkSafe Victoria
- TAS: Workplace Standards Tasmania
- ACT: ACT Work Safety Commisioner
- NT: NT WorkSafe
- SA: SafeWork SA
- WA: Department of Commerce WorkSafe WA
One important issue concerning the health and wellbeing of AOD workers is stress and burnout. For more information on this topic see the Worker Wellbeing page of this website.
Further information concerning specific OHS&W issues facing the AOD workforce can be obtained from the Victorian Council of Social Service Occupational Health and Safety for Community Organisations website and the Victorian Drug and Alcohol Association Sector OHS website.