An Information and Resource Package to respond to Alcohol and other Drug Issues in the Workplace
To assist workplaces to respond to AOD related harm in the workplace, NCETA has produced a workplace Information and Resource Package.
Information this resource is presented in a user-friendly format and translates current state-of-the-art research knowledge into practical, useful guidelines. An occupational health and safety approach is adopted that incorporates both the prevention and treatment of AOD issues in the workplace. It provides a ‘best practice' model for responding to AOD related harm in the workplace.
The Information and Resource Package is relevant to:
- supervisors, managers, human resource and OHS&W personnel
- representatives of employee and employer organisations
- representatives of EAP and other workplace service/counselling providers
- workplace trainers and representatives of training organisations
- community health and/or drug and alcohol workers.
The Information and Resource Package provides information on:
- developing an alcohol and other drug policy
- types of drugs, their effects, and potential consequences for workplace
- training and educating employees
- other useful prevention and intervention strategies
- strategy/response evaluation
- a list of useful contacts for obtaining further assistance and resources.
The Information and Resource Package also contains a set of factsheets about commonly used drugs and their impact on safety and well-being of individual employees, and overall safety and productivity of the workplace.
The Information and Resource Package is presented in three sections.
To download a free PDF version of the Package please click on the following links:
A hard copy version of the Information and Resource Package can be purchased ($25.00) from NCETA. Click here to order.
The Information and resource Package is a companion resource to the NCETA Training Kit to Respond to Alcohol and Other Drug Issues in the Workplace.
Please note: the above PDF files require Adobe Acrobat. If you do not have Acrobat installed on your system you can download it from the Adobe website.