A Training Kit to respond to Alcohol and other Drug Issues in the Workplace
The training kit is an companion resource to the Information and Resource Package.
Information presented in the training kit presents the information and resource package as an interactive workshop. A worker well-being/occupational health and safety approach is adopted that incorporates both the prevention and treatment of alcohol and other drug issues in the workplace. It provides a ‘best practice' model for responding to alcohol and other drug-related harm in the workplace.
The training kit is designed to be adapted to the needs of individual workplaces and can be presented as a one day workshop that covers all topics or can be presented as smaller one or two hour workshops that cover individual topics.
The materials are relevant to:
- supervisors, managers, human resource and OHS&W personnel
- representatives of employee and employer organisations
- representatives of EAP and other workplace service/counselling providers
- workplace trainers and representatives of training organizations
- community health and/or drug and alcohol workers.
The Training Kit presents the Information and Resource Package content in the form of a training course on dealing with alcohol and other drug issues in the workplace.
The Training Kit contains:
- trainer's instructions and speaking notes for each session with learning exercises and suggested timing
- 63 PowerPoint slides
- a course evaluation questionnaire.
Download a free PDF version of the Training Kt and accompanying PowerPoint slides here:
A hard copy of the Training Kit can be purchased ($49.00) by ordering from NCETA. Click here to download an order form.
The training kit is a companion resource to the NCETA Information and Resource Package to Respond to Alcohol and Other Drug Issues in the Workplace.