Community Development Approaches to Safety and Wellbeing of Indigenous Children
Type: Information Sheet
Author: Higgins, D.
Publisher: Australian Institute of Health and Welfare (AIHW)
A resource sheet summarising current knowledge on best practice in child protection with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander children. Drawing upon Australian and international research, it outlines what is known about supporting families and responding to child maltreatment.
Sections include: background information on the prevalence and risk factors of child abuse; current responses in child protection; the family support approach; cultural safety, culturally competent policies and practices; Indigenous community development approaches; family support programs; family decision-making models; and child-safe communities and situational crime prevention principles.
- Stakeholder Consultations
- Workforce Development (WFD)
- What is Workforce Development?
- Alcohol & Other Drugs National Workforce Survey 2019-2020
- Who are the Alcohol and Other Drug Workforce?
- Key Workforce Development Links
- Education and Training
- Why is WFD necessary?
- Indigenous AOD Workforce
- Alcohol & Drugs in the Workplace
- Alcohol & Drugs in Society
- Screening and Withdrawal Tools
- Ice Online Training
- Events and Webinars