Dealing with Loss, Grief and Trauma: Seven Phases to Healing
Author: Wanganeen, R.
Publisher: Commonwealth of Australia
Dealing with Loss, Grief and Trauma is Chapter 19 in the book "Working Together: Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Mental Health and Wellbeing Principles and Practice". Authored by Rosemary Wanganeen, this chapter describes the potential of a holistic loss and grief model to heal anger, rage and violence and empower people who see and find themselves as victims.
The Seven Phases to Healing model of self-healing and spiritual reconnection provides a basis for elements related to counselling processes. The model is based on five years of the author's personal life experiences and over 15 years in professional practice. Drawing on this deeply personal experience, this chapter emphasises the importance of positive self-healing and each person’s responsibility for this.
- Stakeholder Consultations
- Workforce Development (WFD)
- What is Workforce Development?
- Alcohol & Other Drugs National Workforce Survey 2019-2020
- Who are the Alcohol and Other Drug Workforce?
- Key Workforce Development Links
- Education and Training
- Why is WFD necessary?
- Indigenous AOD Workforce
- Alcohol & Drugs in the Workplace
- Alcohol & Drugs in Society
- Screening and Withdrawal Tools
- Ice Online Training
- Events and Webinars