GPNNT Aboriginal Mental Health Worker Manual: This Is How We Work
Author: Healthy Minds Team
Publisher: General Practice Network NT (GPNNT)
This 26-page manual has been produced to provide Aboriginal mental health workers with culturally appropriate information on addressing mental health and mental illness in the Aboriginal population.
The specific topics covered in the manual include:
- What is mental health
- What is mental illness
- The client journey
- The role of the Aboriginal mental health worker, including a model of practice and how to respond to people with mental illness
- Mental health promotion
- The importance of self-care.
The manual has been produced in colour and contains photographs, drawings, and diagrams to enhance its appeal and value to Aboriginal mental health workers.
- Stakeholder Consultations
- Workforce Development (WFD)
- What is Workforce Development?
- Alcohol & Other Drugs National Workforce Survey 2019-2020
- Who are the Alcohol and Other Drug Workforce?
- Key Workforce Development Links
- Education and Training
- Why is WFD necessary?
- Indigenous AOD Workforce
- Alcohol & Drugs in the Workplace
- Alcohol & Drugs in Society
- Screening and Withdrawal Tools
- Ice Online Training
- Events and Webinars