Education and Training
While effective workforce development (WFD) is a much broader concept than just the provision of education and/or training, education and training are key workforce development strategies. Asstand alone strategies, education and trainingare:
- not sufficient to bring about sustained improvement in alcohol and other drug (AOD) service delivery and system responses
- essential strategies for developing the capacity of the AOD workforce to effectively respond to current and emerging AOD issues.
The Australian education and training system can not only provide the AOD workforce with appropriate knowledge and skills, but can also offer qualifications that can provide career pathways and professional advancement.
Click on the links below for more information about:
- the Australian education and training system
- the courses and training opportunities available within Australia.
- Workforce Development (WFD)
- What is Workforce Development?
- Alcohol & Other Drugs National Workforce Survey 2019-2020
- Who are the Alcohol and Other Drug Workforce?
- Key Workforce Development Links
- Education and Training
- Why is WFD necessary?
- Indigenous AOD Workforce
- Alcohol & Drugs in the Workplace
- Alcohol & Drugs in Society
- Screening and Withdrawal Tools
- Ice Online Training
- Events and Webinars