Employee Assistance Programs: A 50 year perspective
NCETA has won a competitive international grant to conduct a historical review of the development and evolution of Employee Assistance Programs (EAPs) around the world from the 1960s through to the present time. This project is funded by the USA Employee Assistance Research Foundation.
This research is being undertaken in partnership with a USA-based research team. The team involved in this project include:
- NCETA: Professor Ann Roche, Dr Ken Pidd, Ms Victoria Kostadinov, Ms Jacqui Cameron
- MASI Research Consultants Inc (US): Dr Dale Masi & Dr Jodi Jacobson Frey
NCETA will examine how EAPs were developed, implemented, and evolved in various countries including New Zealand, Australia, UK, and Sweden.
The historical review will address questions such as:
- How did EAPs develop and evolve in designated countries from the 1960s to date?
- Did the development and evolution of EAPs during this time period differ between countries?
- What were the drivers of EAP development and evolution in these countries?